- 200g dried chick-peas
- 2 – 4 large garlic cloves (dependant preference), peeled
- 7 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Place the chick-peas in a large bowl. Cover with water and leave to stand for at least 12 hours until they double in size.
- Drain and put chick-peas in a saucepan and add twice the volume of water.
- Bring to the boil for 10 minutes then simmer for 1 hour, until the chick-peas are tender.
- Drain the chick-peas.
- Put the olive oil, garlic, tahini and lemon juice in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the chick-peas and blend until they are finely ground. If the mixture is too thick, add a little more olive oil.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover and chill until ready to serve.
- To serve, drizzle with some olive oil, sprinkle a little paprika over and garnish with fresh coriander.